Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Introductions and all that :)

My life is one continuous, uninterrupted, undeterred and unfettered opinion. Countless of things catch my eye every minute of my waking hours, and my brain provides a constant flow of thoughts, recommendations, inside jokes and visuals that keep me entertained at all times, often in the most inappropriate of places and situations.

Therefore I have finally caved in, and will try, with results that are still to be determined, and share as much as what goes on in my brain as possible, with the aim, where possible, to share the little smile that may at times appear on my face while I pretend to have a grown up and serious conversation, and where in reality, I would be miles and miles away, often in a distant timezone, or even era.

Just to get things going, and to get formalities out of the way, let's start with a little introduction. I'm 29 years old, and I intend to remain this age for the coming four to five years or so. I am of the curvy (generously curvy) type, with a biting sense of humour, and a huge desire to smile. Not easily subdued, vociferous in my views, I'm caught in between the adamant desire to remain independent, and the wistful wish to share. More on that in future posts.

I work in the Public Administration and I'm lucky enough to have a challenging job which I still love, and which still fits my ideals. Recent disappointments apart, I still walk in my office with a spring in my step and a chirpy good morning. Once this starts dying out, it will be time to say my goodbyes.

Just to get the girly rubbish out of the way in the first post, here are my opinions about the two things that girls stereotypically and obsessively want to talk about:

1. clothes: couldn't be arsed other than to say that I love dresses that are comfortable, girly, flowing, a little clingy in just the right places, and without back or side zips. What I also hate are shops where XXL is the size of a face-cloth (anorexiadivarius and mangolimia come to mind). Makes you feel quite awful, until you start digging in a delicious plate of pasta :D.

2. shoes: toes are not made to be squashed in narrow, obscene instruments of torture. They are made to be free and wriggly and pretty. Jimmy Choos are hideous and overpriced and girls who painfully strut in them deserve all the agony and ensuing derision these sorry excuses for foot accessories result in.

Ok ... so that's out of the way forever ... phew!

I guess that's enough for the first post. I'll try to keep this up on a regular basis, and hope to update with my observations in an amusing manner :).

No comments:

Post a Comment